Saturday, October 14, 2006

And the Nominees Are...

I was thinking it would be way fun to have an awards show for my friends and the amazing things they do. This was all inspired while I picked up Luis yesterday and drove him to work. We were talking about the best staff member and trying to define what that looked like. We came to the conclusion that it is nearly impossible to say because each member has a unique quality, but I think for the following categories I may be able say a definitive statement:

Best Laugh:
Mike Attwater and his 4 noise bouncey ha's...
Alyssa Giorgi and her growly guffaw...
Jennifer and the pee...

Most Random Friend Habits:
Parker and his midnight excursions to fast food and exercise...
Jennifer and her commentary on the world...
Morgan and Michael actually seeing each other at church...
Andrew and his voice mail, ya never know what you're going to get...

Best Overall Look:
Jennifer peeing her pants...
Nicole's new hair style and color...
Morgan and her bohemian skirts...
Farah looking like Famke...

Best Illusionist:
Kaleb disappearing from my life for weeks at a time...
Parker disappearing from large group events wearing his yellow Best Buy shirt...
Jeremy Flinn for reappearing into Santa Maria last week...
Farah for disappearing any time Jeremy Flinn is in town...

Best Upgrade:
Michael starting student teaching in the elementary school in 13 school days...
Parker getting his new ride...
Kaleb getting a girlfriend and a Santa Maria move in date...

Biggest Shock:
Jon attending the Candle Light Party...
Parker attending the Candle Light Party and enjoying it...
Michael planning the Candle Light Party...
Farah finishing LOST before me...
Another Michael now attends GBC (that brings the total to 4 again--6 if we count the two who use to go here and moved away)...

Best Burrow Moment...
The Yule Ball...
Harry Potter's Birthday 2006...
Harry Potter's Birthday 2005...
The First Burrow Meeting in the Living Room...
Getting Book 6...
Premiere of Movie 4...

Best Traveling Adventurer:
Jon and Morgan going to Costa Rica and Haiti for half of the summer...
Tanya traveling to an fro from Bethany every other weekend...
Andrew going to South America for a month...
Farah going to Redlands for the weekend (believe me this feels like a long adventure)...
The Michaels journey last year to New York... Ahh New York (this will never be off the list)...

Best Use of Time Consuming Activities:
Mike Attwater playing the fortress game online...
Parker coming into my room at 11:00 and talking to me...
Anyone talking to the SmarterChild Robot...

Best Sister Catch Phrase:
Lisa waving her finger around telling people, "Listen!"...
Susie saying, "Gaaad"...
Kaite saying, "You're a Grumpy Grumperton!"...

Best Staff Moment:
Jessie panicking when I told her Jack died...
Nicole talking about the key to her box...
Alyssa laughing at Luis cause he has no rhythm...
Cassie drawing pictures and asking if they are too violent...
Luis saying "You're the best, just like everybody else."...
Angelica coming in thirty minutes late saying "Yeah, I'm here."...

Best Kid Phrases:
"What's your name? Say Michael!"
"I'm gonna give you the truth."
"Mi Mommy, mi Daddy, and mi Jorge."

Best Teacher Shout Out During a Class Session:
"Matthew Shaw--Oh jeeze it's like we're in 510 again."
"Michael Shaw and his sweetie over at PCS. All the kids know her as Michael Shaw's Girlfriend."
"Hey don't you go to that Baptist church?"
"Maybe you should be worried, if you're a protestant."
"Everywhere I go I'm meeting someone who knows you. Are you some kind of celebrity?"

Best Person to Sit by in a Class:
Kelli Bornhoft since the first grade...
(there are no other nominees in this category)

Best Way to Talk to Reference Me...
Michael Shaw...
Ig...
Teacher Michael...
Dahling...
You @#$&@#! (Parker knows that one)

So if you would like to vote, you may. If not, I will just arbitrarily decide which is the most significant. Please place all votes in the way of comments... You don't need to vote for every category, but it would be nice if you did. I suggest the copy and paste method.

Best wishes to the Nominees. Results will be tallied and totaled soon...

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, I can't even believe you! My laughing problem isn't that bad, at least I catch it in time now...

Anonymous said...

Gaaad told me that I should win sista category...Gaaad is so goooood! Gaaaad Bless! Thanks for the shout out! suz

Anonymous said...

Oh michael, this was way too amusing! I can't believe you even have to compare my laughs to anyone elses! It is too amazingly annoying for that! I annoy myself with my laugh! And that's not a good thing to be doing! YOu're crazy! But i love ya!

ALyssa

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!!! Im on ur blog!!!! Yeay...... is my laugh a good one??? or are u still makin fun of me :'( lol. Times is great times is fun, thankyou for bringing me under ur arms. you guys are a great bunch of ppl!!!! Thankyou Michael!!!
~Mike

Anonymous said...

Best Laugh:
Winner: Alyssa Giorgi and her growly guffaw...
Why: C’mon, she’s the Trumpet of Jesus. And I am sure that is how Jesus would laugh…Though hats off to Mike for being named Mike


Most Random Friend Habits:
Winner: Morgan and Michael actually seeing each other at church...
Why: Has this even happened? Props to it maybe happening.

Best Overall Look:
Winner: Nicole's new hair style and color...
Why: This was a tough category. Morgen’s everybody’s favorite Hippie, and the Bohemian look is IN; Farah’s Famke is the cats meow, and who can vote against anybody peeing their pants? Well, I Did. I went with my lady love, and I don’t regret it.


Best Illusionist:
Winner: Kaleb disappearing from my life for weeks at a time...
Why: Seriously, where does this guy go to? One day he asleep on your couch, the next you realize you haven’t seen him in weeks.

Best Upgrade:
Winner: Michael starting student teaching in the elementary school in 13 school days...
Why: Honestly…I am more excited about my pimped out ride of love, but Shaw seems really happy about this so I am going with it on the premise that I might not be clearheaded.

Biggest Shock:
Winner: 3 way tie
Jon attending the Candle Light Party...
Parker attending the Candle Light Party and enjoying it...
Michael planning the Candle Light Party...
Why: If these things happen, get your tin foil hats out and prepare for that Alien Invasion you were always doubting would happen.

Best Burrow Moment...
Winner: The Yule Ball...
Why: Was I there? No. But I saw Pictures. And it looked Rocking.

Best Traveling Adventurer:
Winner: Andrew going to South America for a month...
Why: Two words: Motorcycle Diary. (sorry Mike, our didn’t count. But kudos to the New York Trip from Heaven…maybe New York is Heaven, and our Red Room is where we will be for eternity)


Best Use of Time Consuming Activities:
Winner: Mike Attwater playing the fortress game online...
Why: That is simply the best game…ever.

Best Sister Catch Phrase:
Winner: Lisa waving her finger around telling people, "Listen!"...
Why: Because Lisa was on the New York trip. That alone makes her a winner.

Best Staff Moment:
Winner: Jessie panicking when I told her Jack died...
Why: Death is always funny.

Best Kid Phrases:
Winner: "What's your name? Say Michael!"
Why: Best…Name…Ever.


Best Teacher Shout Out During a Class Session:
Winner: "Maybe you should be worried, if you're a protestant."
Why: I get this one a lot myself.


Best Person to Sit by in a Class:
Winner: Michael Parker (a write in)
Why: I am a master of code, and can talk to you about various things while making the teacher think we are discussing class topics. Plus, I smell nice.

Best Way to Talk to Reference Me...
Winner: You @#$&@#! (Parker knows that one)
Why: Because I %@^& said so!