Saturday, August 04, 2012

Weeds and thorns no more...

We have been working in the backyard for the past week. Prior to that, Westly and would water the lawn with a hose--he absolutely loved it. Every day for three weeks, the little Doodle and I would water it for about 10 minutes with the hose. He would laugh and splash in it and I would run around pulling weeds and telling him the dog next door was coming.

Fast forward three weeks to today:

Thanks to our friends, Kevin and Rebecca, we now have a new concrete patio where we can finally set out our table and chairs. They put us in contact with a guy who took on Phase 1 on our plans (Extending the fence and laying concrete). The last part of Phase 1 was getting our patio furniture from the abyss known as our garage. Phase 1... COMPLETE!

Phase 2 involves working on the planters, making a mini-sand box in a corner, getting a small slide, and re-seeding the yard. I am proud to say I started Phase 2 this morning by seeding just before the sprinkles started to pour down on my efforts (I'll stay positive by noting the seeds will be well watered thanks to God's humorous timing).

Phase 3 involves getting a little kiddy pool where we can store balls for West to kick and throw. In addition, I'd like to make a checkerboard a la Kaleb Baker. He made me one a few years back, and I'd like to have one in our yard for when guests come over.

Needless to say, I am excited.

Here's to giving Westly a place to play (and hopefully his Mama a break).

Pictures coming soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. We'll be by soon. RCS and ROS

Anonymous said...

Looks really nice! Stopped by on Saturday... Your patio
set with the table and umbrella are a perfect fit. RCS