Friday, December 21, 2012

A Thought...

I normally don't mention political ideas on my blog, but I have been engaged in a non-holiday conversation with some friends about gun control. I am clearly a pacifist and a non-gun guy. I spent the other day reading some extreme pro-gun bloggers and extremists as well as actually having conversations with some moderates.

Interesting ideas. But none could change my POV. Some argued about the religious ideas of having more freedoms... To them I asked, so do you support abortion? Which they said was completely different. Hum. It sounds like a freedom to me. So what's the difference?

So during this study I stumbled upon some gun death statistics (really cheery, huh?). Here are some facts I discovers:

US Deaths by Firearms- 9,146
UK Deaths by Firearms- 39

Oh, I know. These statistics must be faulty because the UK is one-fifth the size of the U.S.

OK, let's inflate those numbers and show the truth...

US Deaths by Firearms 9,146
UK Deaths by Firearms- 195

Hum. The numbers are still super low in the UK. I wonder why...

Perhaps one factor may be the strict gun laws.

Maybe it is the tea or the Queen, but whatever it is, we need to consider a change.

America is too bloody bloody.

Just my two cents. Feel free to disagree with me... but you're wrong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Ban army style assault weapons completely and
improve permit background checks. The current NRA positions and our war zone culture are wrong and
dangerous.... RCS

Anonymous said...

We agree!

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT! XXOO S. CLAUS