Monday, May 29, 2006

Grace and Dignity? My eye!

I'm so sure MMP. This one is for you.

I agree with you on many aspects of the X-men analysis that you provided for all of your loyal MySpace Readers. However you tend to get a bit overemotional and add in some extra chunks of information in there that is not applicable.

Yes the bad acting killed me. That's the director's fault. It is the job of a director to bring out the best in each actor. If he can't bring them to the place they need to be, he's in need of some Bryan Singer counseling.

Mystique was NOT superfluous! She was essential! Without her, we wouldn't have known the power of "the Cure." She provided plot twists and assisted in the deepening of Magneto's character development! Come on, he's like the only one who really REALLY develops in this movie. I thought you could see that.

Don't judge my low-raspy-voiced arab from 24. I love her.

The writing has always just been ok. Never great. Deal with it.

Yeah, Cyc's death should have spanned the whole film as flashbacks.

I thought there were 3 great EMOTIONAL scenes:
1. Angel sawing the wings off
2. Jean saying to kill her.
3. Jeans death, with her peaceful expression.
(one could argue the funeral was emotional as well)


Yeah, it wasn't the best. But I still like it Mr. MMP.

1 comment:

Fauf said...

Isn't the "eye" saying so great and more convenient than you thought? Fun expressions my eye!