Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Movie Reviews Again

No Reservations


This movie was like a beautiful souffle, which was baked to perfection in the oven. The aroma of the thought of it seemed to permeate the air. And then. Plop. It sunk. This movie had great potential to be a cute romantic comedy about unfortunate events, leading to a better woman and better relationships. Honestly, during the movie I caught myself checking my phone for the time. This is never a good sign.

The only good things about the movie was the set design and the little girl from Little Miss Sunshine. The rest, I would have rather been served a plate of steaming hot beans.

Rice Cakes covered in Beans

Hairspray

Good Morning Baltimore! Simply delightful. I never thought I would actually like this flick, but it turns out it was good till the last song. I like this chain of retro-inspired films in the musical genre. The lead was great and was so jovial you couldn't help but like her. Amanda Bynds was also a highlight, and who could forget the oddly quirky Christopher Walken.

Great music, good message, filmed well, and yes even Travolta in Drag was good. I have to say it:

Spaghetti Dinner with a half glass of Diet Coke

The Bourne Ultimatum

Good, fine, and pretty fun. This was a good action flick. If you enjoy the witty--yes I think I can say witty--action flicks with an unstoppable hero this one is for you. The only dilemma I have with this series is Jason Bourne is too invincible. Sure he has some problems, but it seems as though he has this magical forcefield around him which protects him and guides his mind to the exact place he needs to be every single time. Geepers. Nevertheless the film was crazy, fun and worth a good viewing.

Rice Cakes and Peanut Butter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Reservations: it did give me a greater understanding and appreciation for chefs and fine dining

Hairspray: made me want to go out and buy more dresses--but not hairspray. uck!

Bourne Ultimatum: I got alot of other great tips on how to track and elude opponents around the world.