Saturday, August 18, 2007

Awesome Friends.

So it's been awhile since I last posted, I guess life has been busy.

It's just totally awesome meeting new people. There's that feeling that comes over you where you think: Could these be my new BEST friends? I have some great friends, don't get me wrong, but this week I spent some quality time with some great people.

First there's Marshall. He is such a riot. He is a big guy who likes to eat and randomly will throw out these ridiculous conspiracy theories as well as the word "Awesome." But probably most endearing about him is soon to be wife. She is delightful and just totally perfect for him, her name is Lily. She compliments this guy really well. She is hysterical and can be the girly girl, one of the guys, or crazy and pretty much insane. They've been together for get this-- 9 years! Praise God they are finally going to get married.

Ted is another one I met. He's great. He's just the typical good guy who is funny and though he is a total optimist his life always seems to go sour, but it normally fixes itself in about 22 minutes. Then there's Robin. She's pretty good... Every so often she makes me laugh but most of the time she frustrates me and makes me want to ship her back to Canada. Yeah, she's from Canada.

Oh yeah-- There's also this guy Barney. He's such a slime ball, but some how he pulls it off and is totally lovable. He is a witty one, so it works for me. I always like the quick brained people who are five steps ahead of me (no jokes about me being slow).

Anyway, they possibly could be my new friends, now that Lucy and Ricky are done. Oh did I mention these people are all on a sitcom? Well they are. And that's How I Met Your Mother.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends and frivolity make a happy couple. Let the good times roll for thee and your loved ones. Best regards to your amazing new bride.

Anonymous said...

Suit up! I do believe that there is little Barney inside everyone's head. I do wish that we had an actual barney.

Ashley said...

I just thought you should know that How I met your mother is one of the greatest shows on earth. except the office..Im such a dork. As you were describing your new friends, I was like " wow! these people sound just like the charactors from how I met your mother and they have the same name!" yeah, I dumb. anyway, enjoy your new show!

Morgan Jane said...

Look, you get on my case for not posting any blogs. So then I post 2, count them, one, two. And I don't even get comments from you! Then you and Fauf ditch my dinner party, AND you're writing blogs about your friends... which are fictional characters! I'm feeling denied. There's no love.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE BORING!!!!
~Tanya

Anonymous said...

I feel I need to speak up on behalf of Michael in regards to this very old and boring blog. I have done my best as a wife to use all the common wife tactics to get him to post a new blog. First I suggested it to him. Then I encouraged him to do it. Then I told him he should do it. And now I just got done demanding him to do it now or I might pee on his blog. So for all you bored to death readers, I am with you. Give us a new blog, Michael Shaw, or give us death!

Anonymous said...

We miss your blog musings.where are you and why won't you post? your new bride -and work- must be getting all your attention and thoughts-pllllllease blog again even if there are no new hot movies out-oh, we see even your amazing wife is imploring you too-Return to our blog world blogmaster michael