Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Double Feature

Valkyrie



This movie was pretty good, but I think I was distracted during it. I was thinking about being a homeowner, and I found myself wandering in and out of the movie. Let me just say, no matter the circumstance (well, most circumstances) I am able to become engrossed by a great movie. But this one just wasn't great.

Tom Cruise was, well Tom Cruise. Not amazing, just OK. The support cast was a page out of Pirates of the Caribbean. However the most redemptive part of the movie was the last 20 minutes. I thought the ending was interesting, engaging and let's face it somewhat sorrowful.

As I reflect on the movie I wonder if the media is making comparisons to Naziism and the extremists we have in today's society. My guess is they are trying to make some parallels to the extreme perspectives both in the middle east and in the homeland.

Overall, this movie earns a Rice Cake, Peanut Butter and a few sips of a Diet Coke. Good, just not totally satisfying.

Bride Wars

Kind of ridiculous. And a little bit of a disappointment. I know.... How can I expect anything when it is a silly girl movie. But I did, so there. While there were a few funny moments (*all of the moments you caught in the previews), the majority of the movie was 1 demential and bland.

Kate Hudson's demeanor bothered me. And Anne Hathaway as a middle school teacher who is walked all over was just not very convincing. At any rate it was a decent movie.

I give it a Rice Cake with a taste of Peanut Butter, but nothing to drink. Kinda, blah.

*Please note, Farah commented the bedazzled wedding dress does not appear in the movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll skip both of these lowly rated rice cakes while we look for a good cupcake. Thanks for the blog.

Anonymous said...

Fauf's opinion:
Valkyre was good and a little hard to follow if you were daydreaming.
Bride Wars was pretty much what you expect...