Sunday, November 01, 2009

Grande Central Halloween Station

Over the past few years my parents will tell you Foxenwoods is quite deserted on Halloween. But, last night I couldn't believe how busy our house was last night. I knew something was up when we ran out of candy at 7:00 though. I looked out the window and I couldn't believe my eyes: It looked like Hocus Pocus! You know, when all of the kids are running a muck through the streets.

I started making a list of kids who came to the door. I stopped at 35, though there were more.

Here are the stand out winners, all ages are speculated:

1. A 4 year old Buzz Lightyear, complete with inflatable wings
2. A 10 year old ugly kid with a fake fro
3. A 6 year old Wolverine, complete with foam claws
4. A 5 year old Michael Jackson, with a silver glove and hat
5. A toddler bumble bee with a fuzzy covering
35. A 3 year old girl in a coat (I mean, I couldn't even see the costume)

So, for next year, come by our street. Apparently it is where all the Foxenwoods kids have disappeared to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had about 50+ by the time we stopped in old Foxenwood about nine... Halloween is alive and on the move again..... So for now, Happy Birthday,IG!!

Anonymous said...

A great night at The Far Western! And the after dinner cake and company were also grand! Have a Super
November... Love, The Old Folks Home

Anonymous said...

Glad you answered the door--still not sure what to do in those situations of disguised children asking for sweets....

Fauf

Anonymous said...

All our best to Alice and you, Mad Hatter, on your
weekend trip... Don't forget to take in Alice's Ride
and have a safe and fun time.... The Countrywood
Folk