Saturday, July 07, 2012

07-07-07

Five years ago.

Wow.

I can't believe I have been married to the girl of my dreams for 5 years.

It has been really cool to watch her develop and grow over the years. As a wife, artist, author, teacher, mother and home-maker... So great.

Five years ago I remember folding napkins on the ivory tablecloths. I remember meeting her in the orange grove. I remember praying for our futures. I remember the violin music playing as she walked down the aisle. I remember hearing "Boot Scootin' Boogie" from the "Cowboy Hats and Butterflies" wedding that was going on at the place next door. I remember carrying around a cardboard cut-out of one of my groomsmen. I remember our first dance. I remember our Thriller dance. I remember the smell of the coffee beans on the tables and the people in the barn. I remember walking across the bridge to Sycamore. So many memories... Some of them have probably already faded... But...

Most of all I remember the excitement and love I had for my wife... It isn't hard to remember that part of it... 'Cause I've still got it for her!

Hooray for love.

1 comment:

Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

so happy for you two and the team you've become.