Thursday, July 12, 2012

More Dreams

I had another weird dream.

I was teaching at my high school and suddenly the administration decided I could teach a preschool through 10th grade Honors class. I had two preschoolers, about five K-2 kids, then 20 high school students. It was the first day of school and we all gathered round to hear about the schedule. The first class was, I think, my 10th grade Honors class--of course there were two preschoolers in this class.

I wasn't ready for the additional two kidos, but I went with it because I know better than to argue against an income. So the morning started and I said "crap" or something like that and the little kids started to cry because they thought their teacher was cussing. I rolled my eyes and gave them play dough and told them to make a sculpture of whatever we were doing.

I then yelled at half of the class because they didn't do their Summer Reading homework. I sent about three of them to the office to transfer out of the class. Suddenly a kid named Adam shouted, "A twister!"

I look out the window, which my white board had now magically transformed into, and I saw a giant black twister whipping through the campus. I shouted for the kids to evacuate, but I had no clue what to do. I didn't know if they should run outside, hide under the desks, or what. I told them all to stand really still like an arrow. In my mind this was the best way to stay safe, so long as you hadn't gained too much weight, the tornado would zip by you without any trouble.

Well, eventually I lost control on the class and they all ran outside to see their friends who had evacuated. Soon, my class was gone and I was now wrangling up about 50-60 kids on the lawns. The administration came by and told me how happy they were that I took on the extra preschoolers and elementary school kids. They said I would be featured in a teacher journal or newspaper.

After that I think I was handed the keys to the bus and was told to take the kids home.

I'm not sure, but I think this dream means I am worried I will have too much work in the fall. Just a guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do have too much work in the Fall. Maybe you should try to make some short cuts to relieve the pressure. Notice in your dream everything ended O.K.! :)
Love,
Mum