Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Door-to-Door

I am working on a campaign for SLOCRA (the local reading association) to put on their yearly (well, this is the second year they've done it) Membership Drive. In years past I'm not sure much came of the drive, but this year I am in charge of it and I want it to be as good as it can be.

My mind starts to fill up with ideas on how to do this. And yesterday my feet were on the move.

I visited 42 businesses here in my hometown city asking for donations. It was odd to me how some were excited and ready to give while others questioned me. Some said they needed to check with the other managers but they were going to certainly give something and some just looked at me and said things like, "See's Candy doesn't donate." What kind of a statement is that? They had their reasons (they do school fundraisers in store ONLY), but still.

Needless to say, if my wife is right about me, I will be consumed with this concept for awhile. Such is life.

:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Observation: You go all out on all of your projects...
RCS

Anonymous said...

42! Amazing!