Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Turn

Talk about a Gilbeaux of a day. I'm just saying, it is pretty much a sad state of affairs when you wake up at 6:30 every morning on your vacation. Oh well at least I feel really productive and rested every day. So, hey, whatever.

So after waking up at my ungodly hour I made myself an egg-sandwich. It was good stuff, tasted like holiday goodness. Now I'm watching Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. It is at a really dramatic part of the movie where the whole family is running. And I'm not going to lie I got a little emotional. Gosh! What a wreck. But that got me thinking, what about other movies that take an emotional change... Here are some for your consideration:

1. Don't Tell Mom the Baby-Sitter's Dead. Honestly you think you're watching a comedy and then it turns out to be a dram. Remember when Sue Ellen has to confess to the executives at GAW, Inc. that she is really just 17 years old and she can't do it all. Talk about dramatic moments.

2. Last Holiday. You're enjoying the movie, comedy, lovely and wonderful and then---BAM! (Literally) It turns dramatic and emotional. Honestly who didn't feel the sorrow for the Queen L?

3. Sin City. Oh wait that was just a stupid, ridiculous movie even if you thought it was going to be good it sucked.

I'm just saying. I'll add more to the list, but now I have to go pick up Austen--AUSTEN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AUSTEN! He's there with you and I'm not! I really hate him again! haha

Ashley said...

your so emotional michael. ;0) but thats ok. what about bambi..that one really gets me. The movie is all cute and funny, and then BAM. Bambies mom is dead..that part always make me emotional..anyway. Merry Christmas

Ashley said...

So I thought it would be fun to dig into our past blogs from 2004! Here is what you wrote in December 2004.

"Did anyone see the most beautiful rainbow on Tuesday? I followed the rainbow to its end. Well it sucked cause I got to the end of it and found myself at a Thrift Store. The only gold in there was from the tooth of the owners. Oh well."

NICE!