Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Blast from the Past

Oh man. I just ate a giant pizza thanks to Kathy Silva and her giving. It was great. And as I sat there I remembered what it was like to be in the year 2007. Then I log on and find Parker has posted a blog on MySpace. What is this? A blast from the past indeed. 2007 was just a great year, filled with blogging and movie reviews. So I give you my (tentative) top list for 2007:

(Parker you may read no further)

1. Juno
2. The Queen
3. 300
4. Dreamgirls
5. Hairspray
6. Meet the Robinsons
7. Blood Diamond
8. Hot Fuzz
9. HP OOTP
10. The Last King of Scotland
11. Ratatouille
12. Pirates 3
13. Oceans 13
14. The Simpsons
15. National Treasure: President’s Book
16. Volver
17. Enchanted
18. Sweeny Todd
19. Elizabeth
20. The Bourne Ultimatum
21. Evening
22. Pan’s Labyrinth
23. No Country for Old Men
24. The Golden Compass
25. Spiderman 3
26. Shrek the 3rd
27. Transformers
28. Shooter
29. Next
30. Breach
31. Children of Men
32. The Good Shepherd
33. Notes on a Scandal
34. No Reservations
35. Amazing Grace
36. Ghost Rider
37. The Namesake
38. Letters from Iwo Jima
39. The Wind that Shakes the Barley

As it stands this is my list, I may make some changes based on the old reviews (I have yet to re-read them). Nevertheless, there you go. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear husgand, you are quite entertaining!
Love, Mrs. Shaw

Morgan Jane said...

I can't believe that you saw 39 movies in the theater this year. That's quite the accomplishment. Too bad it wasn't 40 just to round things out. Also, sorry #1 lost to #18. Rigged, I tell you. Rigged

Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

ok get ready for 08! kite runner...AMAZING storytelling! but i think it came out 07

Anonymous said...

Good choices-Juno WAS tops.....Movie Buff

Morgan Jane said...

Hey Michael! I just found this blog through my old pastor. This guy was an atheiest, but now is a hard-core Christian teaching at Yale. I thought you might be interested. Enjoy. :)

http://gregboyd.blogspot.com/

Morgan Jane said...

Okay, so I've been thinking about the the cartoon. I have to admit, it would rock. It needs to be done.