Sunday, January 06, 2008

Irregardless

Irregardless, it was Wicked hot.

Let me just say all of you who doubt Wicked is the best musical, you really need to head out and check it out. Let me just list a few reasons why this musical is a full plate of Spaghetti dinner with a Diet Coke on White Linen (yes a plus mark was just created by placing a white linen table cloth).

Cassie Levy- I know so many people loved Eden and Idina in the role, but honestly Cassie's voice was the BEST stage voice I have EVER heard in my life. She is a natural singer and gave me goosebumps every song she sang. She is still perfecting her cackle with the acting part, but honestly that is just a small part.

Hilarity- Megan Hilty was hysterical and perfect as Glinda. She added such a good mood to the show. I have to say she is better than the bits and pieces of Kristen Chenoweth I've seen.

Costumes- The details we were able to see from the very front was phenomenal. I couldn't believe how awesome the little details were.

Chorus- These voices were so POWERFUL. They were really working as a group, more than most casts.

Story- Honestly, this story is over 100 years old and everyone knows it and to take the modern twist--looking from different perspectives--was perfect.

So here's to the best musical, thank goodness I have finally seen it. (Took me long enough-- over 2 years!!)

3 comments:

Morgan Jane said...

I still can't believe this didn't win the Tony for Best Musical...I agree that it is totally the best musical. Ever. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

is "irregardless" your new thing? I will allow it, if you say it with a spanish accent, and a slight pause between "irr" and "egardless". And only then.
~Parker

PS: whats the name of that funky wizard with the gay mentor and the glasses?

Morgan Jane said...

His name is Harry Potter, Parker. And he has much more class than you, for he would never try to trick a dear friend. Jeez, what's with this year already???