Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love, "We're in love with love."

Now I'm sure many of you have read the 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman, in fact today I taught my first graders the same concepts to help them be more "loving" on Valentine's Day. But did you know that Fauf and I celebrate Valentine's Day by giving each other something from each Love Language category? Well, we do. And here is the list of items we exchanged:

1. Words of Affirmation I called this in class "Nice Words"
I got her: a very shnazzy Valentine's card where I professed my unending love for the Fauf.
She got me: a magic decoder puzzle where I had to assemble the puzzle and use the magic pen to reveal the love note!

2. Acts of Service: Today we called it "Doing Something"
I: put up a new cover over our window to block out the street lights at night.
She: made me dinner in a white linen restaurant called "The Nest."

3. Quality Time: We called this one "Spending Time"
I got her: a gift card for the two of us to go out to the Wine Cottage Bistro.
She got me: a movie for us to relax together with.

4. Gift Giving: Yup, we called this one "Giving Gifts"
I got her: a gift card to Khols where she can shop to her heart's content (or until it wears out).
She got me: a great game to play together which just keeps on giving.

5. Physical Touch: This one was titled "Nice Touch"
Well, Fauf and I hugged and kissed and stuff...
Oh yeah and I got her a massage at InSpaRations.

At any rate, if you want to show someone you love them--even if you are a first grader, consider which love language best suits him/her and: LOVE IT UP!


Now go read Farah's blog, cause normally she will complain I gave everything away and stole her readership. I'm sure she'll be posting in the next two days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are incredibly creative! Thanks for the blog-ful of ideas. Now go out and enjoy the long weekend and the rest of your fun-filled lives together.

Morgan Jane said...

That's a really cute idea, giving each other a gift from each category. You two are very fun and creative. I hope it was a lovely V-Day...

Anonymous said...

BAh-Humbug to all humbggers! ............ Ghost of Scrooge