Saturday, February 16, 2008

Movies, bah-hum bug!

It has been said that Michael Shaw loves many, if not everything, about the movie going experiences. Well--I hate to burst your bubble, but it is a LIE. There are things I HATE about the movies, and well, here they are... The 5 things I hate at the movies:

Seats that don't recline.

Honestly, it is 2008! Why don't they recline?

Sticky floors.
Why are they so SO SO sticky? Honestly I know people spill a lot but can't they just run a hose on the ground? There's hardly ever carpet. Come on people.

Running children.

Who brings kids to the movies who don't sit down for the feature? I'm just saying. Take them to the Drive-In NOT the theatre.

Texting.

It has to stop. I don't mind people who accidently don't turn off their phones, but that darn light shining a couple rows in front of you! AH!

Smelly people.

Why do people who come late to a movie, and sit RIGHT next to you SMELL so odd. Radishes? Cherry Pies? Soil? Honestly, ridiculous.

Well those are my rants. There you have it, apperently I don't love EVERYTHING about the movie experience.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with all these things that you HATE about movie theaters and you may want to add this: crackling, crinkling wrappers as soon as the theater goes dark!
Farah

Ashley said...

how about when people look at you to see your reaction when something funny happens in the movie..I suppose that can happen at home to..its so annoying. The thing I hate the most is when people think its funny to narrate the movie and make up their own lines..ug.

Anonymous said...

texting and termite kids are my pet peeves! where do you get the great pics to accompany your blog? p.s. also old movie screens with a few rip-tear-blemishes
can be a pain...blog on...the oscars are soon

Morgan Jane said...

I love your picture of random Eastern European women texting. :)

Jen said...

Those pictures cracked me up! Especially the one of the kid running. Another pet peeve: people who leave spaces so that nobody can sit by them.

Anonymous said...

So...how about a new blog slacker? any day now dude...
~Parker

Anonymous said...

Yes,pleeeeeze give us a blog soon! Signed: Desperate in Cyberspace