Sunday, March 09, 2008

My Sketchy Return

Sorry it has been so long since I last blogged. My life has been pretty intense what with budget cut scares, finishing Chapman up in the next two weeks, and the Cass and Toey. Well at any rate, I have returned and I decided sometime ago my next blog would be about my sketches I have created in the past six months. They aren't that amazing, but I thought I'd take the risk and put them out for all to see here on the ol' Blog. Here they are (you'll need to click on the image to see a regular sized shot):

1. This is the one from the BREW. You can see I was inspired by all of the things around me at the moment of the sketch. I enjoy the quote from the trash can, and I like how the sketch makes me feel warm.



2. This one is from the BUCKS. It was my interpretation of the surroundings and mood of the shop that day as well as the idea of progressivism. I like how I can perfectly recall my surroundings and thoughts because of this sketch.



3. Last, this is from the CASS. It was really hard to photograph this one, so this is the best of many I tried. Cass was my muse in this sketch, I surrounded her with things that welcome her to our crazy world of "stuff." This takes me back to the Tahoe Trip of 07. Good times, I want to play Wheel of Fortune.



Well there, a few have requested a blog, and though it is not typical, you got what you asked for.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liked your sketches....The Magic Porridge Pot and The Wheel of Fortune are a dynamic duo... Mix and and mix and brew and brew...what great new fortunes still await you? Happy St. Pat's Day!

Jen said...

what is this talk of budget cuts? If you wash my car I'll give you $10. Miss ya old friend!

Morgan Jane said...

I'm glad that in all the chaos of everyday life, you're able to sit, sketch, and view the world through your own two eyes. Thanks for sharing!

Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

ummm is that dad with the rhyme above? (o;
thanks for a shot out o the BUCKS, ummm come see me at mine!

Anonymous said...

$10 for a carwash? Where is Jen getting all this money? When was the last audit at that credit union of hers? Or does she have some secret income or inheritance?