Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Fallen Idols...

Oh jeepers.. Seriously that sounds like a 20/20 special I saw once, but it couldn't be. Cause I think I just saw it on American Idol over the past two nights....

This post is dedicated to Parker who believes that I can be a famous, old, grumpy judge... If only all the world could hear me....

Here it is the good... the bad... and the ugly...

(Ok I won't say anything was ugly other than some of the style issues we saw going down cough cough Paula...)



THE GOOD

Elliott. Amazing. He has this rich silk like sound to his voice with this raspy tinge that says "Stevie?! Yeah, I can work that." Yeah he did. Still a favorite...

And Chris. Very believable. I liked it. Sounded a little close to the original, but I thought it was great for the masses. People will, in the words of Morgen Jane, "heart you."



THE BAD

Ok... My how some of the favorites have fallen!

Ace, the lady killer, he missed a shot and killed himself tonight. Bad singing, bad song, bad style. What's up with the beanie? Can we say odd? Reminds me of a kid I know... But alas, perhaps his looks will push him through to the next round, not that he's not a good singer... something happened to him tonight.

Sway. Seriously. How are you still there after this last week? That fallceto was odd. This week was standard. And I hope for the sake of diversity you get pushed through. But seriously, I think its time to chat with Aloha Misho, cause I think you're joining her destiny.

Katharine. My heart yearns to hear you sing like Week 1 again. Say it isn't so.... Please, don't be shunned for a.. dare I say... bad performance last night. She really didn't bring the "A" game. Maybe she needs to stop hanging out with that High School ASB president of an Idol contestant, Kelly.... "Pick Pickler" (mumble, mumble, mumble). But, Katharine, I still support your team (man--I am so biased toward the women--I'll let them slide more than the guys--sorry Ace.) But girl you gots to BRING IT!




THE UGLY (TRUTH)
Paris. What are you doing with your clothing this week? Here's my advice... If Paula says you look "cute" or "good" watch out. Something is amiss. Keep that in mind.

When it's all said and done... I fear the quality of idol has gone... kapooey... since the first week...

Unless Elliott. Katharine (yes I still believe in you), and Chris can bring it on next week, in the words of C3PO "We're doomed"

No comments: