Friday, July 07, 2006

Arrrr... 'Ello Poppet.

Ok. I am a sucker for an epic movie.

I liked Pirates a lot. I know a lot of the critics didn't like it, but I totally did. It was epic, good story, fascinating characters, and pretty amazing visuals. I'll respect the fact that a lot of people haven't seen it yet, but I want people to recognize the spiritual symbolism in the movie. Not that it is promoting a particular faith, rather that it has snapshots of it to help sell the theme of "souls" in the movie.

I really liked the development of Elizabeth in this film. She gained some depth, and I also really really like Davy Jones who I was about to swear that I wouldn't like (previous to viewing the film). But, hey I was wrong about Cars, Incredibles, and I was wrong about ol' Davy Jones' Dead Man's Chest.

So shout out to Disney for taking a chance with ol' Johnny Depp on Movie 1 and allowing him to do the same killer job in Movie 2. I can't wait for 3 to come out. Yes, it was suppose to come out in December but due to the epic scale, Hurricane seasons, and probably stretching the DVD release out, we have to wait.




Also...
I love the article where Depp talks about the chance happening with this role in EW. Pick up your copy today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There must be a shout out to Will Turner. I thought he was WAY better in this one than the first. And I predict he will play an even more heroic role in the third...I have a theory!