Friday, July 27, 2007

Evening



Last night the lovely Fauf and I ventured to San Luis Obispo and caught the big name movie "Evening." I had my doubts about this one, but I really liked it.

The story is about a woman who is reflecting and lamenting on her life. The woman, Ann, remembers her best friend's wedding, a weekend where the choices she made affected her whole perspective of her life. Strangely I really liked this film. It could have been the optimism shared by the writer and the director, or perhaps it was the really good musical score, then again maybe it was the list of incredible actresses and actors on the bill. I'm just saying... Good stuff.

The movie's big message is to realize life will fall apart, you can't do everything perfect, you needn't hide behind false pretenses... but you should never stop living life.

Optimistic, yes. Delightful, yup.

The scent of spaghetti is in the air, yet I was served a rice cake and peanut butter meal with a large glass of Diet Coke.

No comments: