Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Don't Judge

I love powerful women. What!? I said it.

At a recent dinner party, I brought up the truth that I admire really powerful women. Everyone laughed at me because they think I am oddly attracted to these women. No, not really. I just really admire them and I like how they command attention and respect. ROCK ON with that! So, here is my list of amazingly powerful women who I love:


Le Fauf

My first powerful woman is my wife. Not the boss-o kind. I mean, I married a pretty powerful lassie: author, cook, beauty, friendly, and she drives a nice car. She's the number one. Who doesn't love Jerry---I mean who doesn't love Farah?


Joan

Foul-mouthed, hysterical, and always relevant. Gotta love that "piece of work." Somehow every-time I see her I am drawn in and appreciate her madness.


Oprah

Sure, I've never sat in her audience. She's never given me a 2012 VW Bug. Nor has she ever given me an "ah ha" moment when I watched her show. But I love her.


Martha

Every Thanksgiving and Christmas I take at least one minute out of my day and say, "I wonder what Martha is doing?" I think she and I would get along quite well. I mean, she likes things done a certain way-- but she, more than anything, enjoys a good celebration. Gotta lover her.


Judy

She lays the smack down on a bunch of idiots daily. I am so thankful CBS has moved her air-time to 4 pm. I try to get home to see her barking at people. You've got to love Judy.


Elizabeth

She has seen it all. She advises the country's leaders, is an icon, and has ruled as queen for nearly 60 years! She is dignity and grace wrapped up in one package. Who doesn't love this amazing lady?


So those are my top list... I could have added Celine, Rosie (the celeb OR my mom), Beyonce, and many others... But I didn't. So... Who are you favorite wonder women?

2 comments:

Michael said...

FYI--- Dolly should be on the list here, she got bumped off some how. Alas, I am giving her a shout out.

Anonymous said...

A great list of power ladies. Watch out for Emma Rose
and Cassidy Jordan in the years to come!