Sunday, February 20, 2011

Inspiration

My wife is such an inspiration to me.



She is living her dreams right now. She's an author, artist, soon-to-be mommy, and teacher. Amazing. Just this week she had two (and a half) author visits to schools here on the Central Coast. Well--I am living my dream too, but not all of my dreams just yet.

One dream is to be an author (is that every English Teacher's dream?).

I am currently inspired to write again. I have been dragging my feet and my thoughts on this idea I've had for quite awhile. It's funny how one day you think of it and months later you finally have enough inspiration to write. At any rate, I've just started a book about something I know quite well: Teaching.

This won't be a "how-to" guide by any means, rather it will be a novel about an insane school with a colorful group of characters. The hard thing will be making the real things I have seen and heard sound believable. Honestly, the observations and anecdotal records I've acquired over the years sound like something right out of fiction--but I assure you they are real situations.

We'll see if it goes anywhere. At this point in time I am just content to have a strong idea.

Last night we watched "Julie and Julia" which always inspires me to chase after my dreams. Then again, all I need do to be inspired is look at my AMAZING wife and her career of awesomeness.



Alas, I'm still in love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Fact is sometimes more amazing than fiction.
Congratulations to The Fauf and The Igmaster for 3 1/2
years plus of love and adventure. XXOO RCS

Anonymous said...

You make all my dreams come true...and that's not just a cheesy sappy thing to say....it really is the truth! I love you

Fauf

KYLE AND LISA said...

Love it, and we love her! :)

Anonymous said...

You're inspiring, charming, and gifted. Cecily

Anonymous said...

My Dad's the best! Westly