Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Grrr...

I know I often tote around my favorite things (i.e. Greg's Kindle, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, my wife) and I give them lots of shout outs, but today I am filled with gripes.

Today as I sat in the staff lounge we attempted to "fix" our bell schedule (ugh, this is a lovely little chore) and when someone said, "Let's just get out of school at 2:50 and that will be fine." To this I thought, "I hate 2:50. That is an evil time."

It got me thinking. What else do I hate? Well, here are some things I like to call my anti-guilty pleasures.

1. Fast Food Windows-- Ugh. This is the Achilles' Heal of America! We fatten up in a hurry while the window slides open. Ugh. The next time I even think of using one I am going to park my car and buy groceries at a market and fight the evils of American obesity.

2. Chocolate Covered Pretzels-- yes they are chocolatey. Yes they are salty. But together I just think they are kinda blah. It probably all goes back to an old sermon I heard from this man about a chocolate covered pretzel stick... At any rate, I don't like this beloved treat.

3. The phrase, "There's an App for that."-- While I love the whole i-movement, I am sick of people telling me about all of the absurd apps that exist. I like the apps themselves but SHUT UP about the apps for goodness sake!

4. The Superbowl-- I try to enjoy this. I like the commercials. I like the pre-show. The half-time show. Heck, I even like the coin toss. But the actual show always stinks worse than shredded Green Bay cheese.

5. Camping-- why do I want to spend my weekend--my long deserved weekend-- sleeping on a rocky floor in freezing temperatures, only to discover when I have to pee I have to shoot it off into some bush. Nope. This is why God made 5-star hotels.

There it is. I'm back.

This blog is dedicated to those who have bugged me to no end to get my blog up and running again (Yes, that means YOU!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would add roosting pigeons too, but we haven't had them in awhile. Still I sense they may be returning soon...
Fauf

Anonymous said...

Geeeeeezzzzzzzze, Louise! Let's just bring on one
stork and one little fig and all these complaints will soon vanish in a spring marine layer mist.