Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love is in the air...


I was thinking about things I love, which got me thinking about things I love but I don't like to admit. Well, those are Guilty Pleasures... Luckily (or unlucky as it may be) for you I am not bashful. So here it goes...

My Guilty Pleasures:

1. Flying Monkeys

I think they are absurd and delightful all in one breath. Elphie made me realize they were just tortured animals being tested on, and The Wizard of Oz slot machine made me realize they mean bonuses are coming your way.

2. The phrase "epic"

I know it is being overused, but I love saying things are epic. It just seems to fit my view of the world.

3. "Love Actually"

I am always a little embarassed about this one. Maybe it is all of the nudity in the film--but I love this movie. Every year I watch it and every year I tear up a little bit. Stop laughing at me, you know you cry with Emma Thompson stands by her bedside while Joanie Mitchel plays in the background. It is EPIC. There, I said it.

4. Googling Farah's Book

I love checking the stats on her book and seeing who is looking up her information. Yes, I am obsessed with my own wife's success, but at least it isn't "creepy"... I think...

5. Bubble Baths

I know. I gave Parker a really hard time about this one. And then we moved into this beautiful home and I fell in love with our Jacuzzi-sized tub. There is nothing better than reading a book while bubbled up to the neck. Sorry, people. It is the warm, bubbly truth.

What are your guilty pleasures... (To out my wife, she has a love for Bieber).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious! There I said it!

jessica said...

I love this! I love Love Actually also and have always had an affinity for flying monkeys. My guilty pleasure that I will openly admit right here, right now is I absolutely love blaring some Celine Dion love ballads and singing as loud as humanly possible in my kitchen. This is all very disturbing to me since I normally would not be caught dead listening to that type of music. ;)

Anonymous said...

Aha! I told you bubble baths were amazing! But noooo, you called them weird. Score: Parker one, Shaw zero.
Parker

Anonymous said...

Have an epic weekend, Shaw.

Michael said...

Don't be ashamed of Celine! She's delightful.