Tuesday, August 23, 2005

HPFA (Harry Potter Fans Anonymous)

Ok... My blog shows it. My library shows it. My wrist shows it.

I'm a Harry Potter Addict! And I'm not ashamed. No--it doesn't consume my life, but I think it is one of the greatest vehicles to promote literacy the 20th and 21st Century has seen. I love it. It's so complex, yet so simple in a lot of life lessons. I really enjoy my conversations a la the Kiniry sites... So I may be adding more HP info on here.

Tonight I ventured over to the Burrow to enjoy some AMAZING conversation about HP. We even started in on our credo! We're brainstorming names for the group and I'd love your input. We've tossed around a few ideas, but rather than try to brainwash you, I'll employ the use of Occlumency (read A Clue Men See) so you can't read my thoughts. So go ahead and leave some comments here about what you think we should call our group.

I may be opening up a second... yes you read correctly... a second blog just for my HP addiction. Bling... Blang... Blog will probably stay mostly with my daily life and strange happenings (which includes some HP talk, but for the most part will be a synopsis of my life).

OK... Post away my fine feathered friends (if you don't have owls, simply click the add comment button below). (Oh yeah--school started and I'm in training to teach college level classes--blah blah blah)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALRIGHT!! An HP blog! i love 'em!!

"HPFA" LOL...seriously!

alright, our group name should be called...

The H.P. Saints!

or

ARMY of the BURROW

eh? good? lame?

Anonymous said...

How a play off of Weasley is our King or the Quibbler? We should go for something that is obscurely related to the books...

Miguel

Anissa Nishira said...

out of control....but fun none the less....if i think of a name I'll let you know...
ps whats on your wrist???