Friday, May 25, 2007

Move, Move, Movies.

Well it's true. It's the end of the era of the Black Pearl. By that I mean Parker and I are getting our divorce this weekend and by tomorrow we will be out of each other's lives. I'm a little sad, but I have to say my new place is pretty awesome. I mean it is number 4, and there is a cupboard under the stairs. Sound familiar? Yup. I thought so. So that's the move, just as Rosie leaves The View, I leave the Pearl. How poetic.

Anyway I know I need to get to the real news on hand: The Movies. So let me get to it.

Shrek the Third was a little bit of a let down. Now I should stay positive first.... The animation was really good. I kept admiring the skin texture and the hair this time. It seems they have perfected their craft. So bravo to them for that area of their lives. As for the story line. Gosh! Who wrote this? George Lucas? I can't believe how cheesey this stuff was. Now I'm not saying I don't love GL, but we all know he tends to write rather corny stuff. Shrek was just trying to be too much. I think it should have stuck to the good roots of pop culture comedy and stayed away from deep struggles. Let's keep the theme of love me for who I am, rather than "will I be good enough." Gag me with a fork and call me a ogre.

Rice Cakes and a taste of Peanut Butter.






Sigh. I loved it, loved it. Now I have really gotten into this whole pirate lore, so I am slanted, but it was just right for me. I have been hearing word on the street a lot of people don't understand the plots and characters... But come on people. Watch 1 and 2 and you're fine. I just don't get what was so baffling. The CGI and other visuals were just perfect and the characters (for the most part--except Jack and Jones) were perfect.

Something was a bit over done and yet not done enough with Jack this time. I can't really put my finger on it, but I believe he took too much of a sub-role in the film. Also Jones was a little to sub for me too. Yes, we talked about him a lot, but he's so wonderful let's focus on him a lot, A LOT, more.

There were three, maybe only two, times when I was a little annoyed with the director and writers choices for the film. As to not give any spoilers I would just hint at the giant thing (totally an old horror film--STUPID). And the shoulder thing. What a joke, I mean does it really have to be that childish? Gersh.

Despite these flaws this movie went exactly where I wanted it to go. All the actors were hot and I give it a nice bowl of Spaghetti with a swish of Diet Coke. Yes, I know I love Disney and Pirates so go figure.

4 comments:

Jen said...

"What did you call him?" "Larry." Fauf and I decided to give everyone dinosaur nick names. You'll get yours soon.
Jenasaurus Rex

Anonymous said...

"Slap me thrice and hand me to me mother!" Must give a shout-out to Gibbs--he is definitely a character that is consistent and lovable throughout all three films!

Anonymous said...

"This be the day we've been livin' to die for! Hahaha!" Hands down, Barbosa has the greatest lines and laugh!

Anonymous said...

Shiver me timbers!!! Barbosa, Gibbs, and Johnny D...
rule the high seas once again. Why can't this be an annual escapade?????? All in all 4 out of 5 gold bars.