Saturday, May 05, 2007

NEXT


What is happening to me... dare I say it... Next was a surprisingly good movie. I was surprised to see Nicholas Cage in a movie where I didn't want to throw popcorn at the screen during 97% of the film. With this movie I only wanted to throw popcorn at him 15% of the time. So the statistics are improving.

The movie is a Sci-Fi, Superhero-esk movie filled with some good some and very good B-list actors. Jessica Biel and Jullianne Moore to name the two leading women. I thought the concept was good, and dare I say I thought the character Chris was a better superhero than some of the poor excuses for heroes in Spiderman 3. Speaking of which, what happened to the good old Spider Sense? Hum.

The music seems as though it was stolen from Ghostrider or some other Nicholas Cage movie I have seen. I couldn't place it but I am pretty sure it is an exact theft from a previous film.

I wouldn't rush out to see this film though, while the plot is good, and the twists are absolutely there (some simply delightful), this is a good Blockbuster date movie because of the silliness who is Nicholas Cage. However, if you happen to rank up some extra points with your Regal Crown Club Card, and you just so happen to have enough points to get a free movie ticket... then see this film.

Rice cakes and peanut butter with a tall glass of Diet Coke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is surprising. And surprising you went to see it.

Jen said...

I think Nicholas Cage has superpowers. Whenever I find out he's in a movie, I want to go see it, no matter how lame people say it is. He has this weird control over me... Help!