Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Spirit Day has Come!

Cory Ramirez did a drive by snatching of my Chapman materials and he said something about "Spirit Day." This was something I completely forgot about-- Spirit Day, the day in which you ring in the holidays with Christmas movie watching, cookie eating, card writing, and present wrapping.

Nevertheless as I reflect upon my week I realize yesterday WAS my Spirit Day. In class we did a short Literature and Writing Unit on the Polar Express so to end our unit we watched the Polar Express, had treats, and wrapped some AMAZING presents for our parents---oh and we also wrote cards to our big buddies in Mrs. Olwin's class. So I guess we should say "Praise God for First Graders."

I am now luxuriating in my 3 week vacation and planning grand adventures of nothingness and creative fun to enjoy as I celebrate the fact that I am nearly half way through my first year of teaching and everything is working out like a Wombat Divine

Oh and mad props go out to Parker who graduated from the academy and who is NOT the one person in his class without a job. You're an amazing man, Mr. Parker.

Now here's to the holiday goodness that will sink into your soul...

[Song of the day: Where are you Christmas?]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Parker and wombat kudos to one and all..............Bob Cratchit