Monday, December 31, 2007

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street



I can't believe this musical was made into a movie. Had you have told Parker and myself this about two years ago we would have laughed in your face. But nonetheless it was made into a feature, holiday film (Yeah, what is that about? A Holiday movie?). Surprisingly I wasn't fearful throughout the WHOLE movie. Now, mind you the scariest movie I have seen in a long while was about some Demon Fog rolling into town... But still...

So I have to say hands down Helena Bonham Carter was the whole reason this movie was great. While Johnny Depp was good, he just wasn't amazing enough to make the cut. Borat did a good job in this one (I know I should call him Sacha Baron Cohen, but it is more fun writing Borat). And yes even Alan Rickman did a good job, but none compared to Mrs. Lovette and her pies; simply hysterically, hideously funny.

I thought the whole movie was a mess of evil and gross-out blood, but the characters were somehow interesting and dare I say "likable." Anyway overall the music was so-so, the costumes were awesome, the characters were fun, and the story was off the wall.

I give this a very dry Peanut Butter and Rice Cake Pie with a sip of Diet Coke on the side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is going to be your last blog of the year? wow. I guess the lame really didnt walk this christmas...
~Parker

Anonymous said...

BEST BLOG OF THE YEAR-HANDS DOWN-THUMBS UP