Saturday, January 02, 2010

It's Complicated


It's Complicated is just that--Complicated. I liked all of the acting, pretty good stuff there. The storyline was interesting and the plot was enticing... but the moral ambiguity was too disheartening. There was one short line in the movie delivered by one of the kids, I won't it spoil for you, that kept the movie from falling flat.

The whole time during the movie I wanted to shout out, "No! It's not complicated! You are complicated!" because really, there were such obvious bad choices being made, but I suppose that is life. If only I could re-write the title to People are Complicated, I think I would have been happier.

Meryl was great as usal. Alec was pretty good... I like him as Jack on 30Rock much more. But the moral ambiguity left me a little frustrated. At any rate, it is an OK film since it did have quite a few laugh out loud moments.

I rate it a rice cake and peanut butter.

No comments: