Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Resos

Ok... My blog is suffering again. I have ignored it. And in doing so, I have ignored you.

I have started up some New Year's Resos and I am doing pretty good with them thus far... Here are some updates:

1. Spiritual-

Through the Bible in a year. Well I'm still in Genesis. But remember I started in Matthew-ish.

2. Romance-

My wife is now figuring it out. I am sending her a love note in the snail-mail weekly. They have gone over really well and I have remembered both weeks.

3. Friendship-

Well, Parker decided to go and get married, but we certainly had a little mad-date action at Disneyland for his bachelor party (plus one other man in on the date action). It was great, and I think another Parker-Shaw Date is being planned as I type.

4. Family-

I have seen the Doodles regularly. This past week we pretended we were going to Disneyland. They played old-school style and made me pay for each attraction. It was a lot of fun, and the good times will certainly continue.

5. Hobby-

I sent out my manuscript to a bunch of publishers. I heard back from 2 of them. So far, a personal copy may be my only hope. As an added note, I wrote the forward and the first few portions of my tips for "Dating a Married Woman" book I am penning.

6. Teaching and Career-

I have started my search for further education and have a short list of contacts has been formed. I have also decided to take some classes from Hancock about technology.

7. Health and Wellness-

No Diet Coke has passed through my lips. I did gulp down an unhealthy portion of Sprite last week, but I am finished with all of that. I think I will be soda free by the 26th (just in case my dad decides he needs to take us out for his birthday I can get a Sprite with my steak...).

Accountability is key people! Please keep bugging me about all of these ridiculous resos.

Here's to your resos!

3 comments:

Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

Maybe "How to Date Your Wife." or are you hoping to create scandal so you have a chance to appear on The View (barbara will love it!)

Anonymous said...

Good resolutions... Snail Mail has its special moments.
Yes, a scandal or two is always good for adventure and publicity.

Michael said...

I think a good scandalous title is in order. Isn't it rather funny?