Saturday, January 02, 2010

Other Movies I've Recently Seen...

Fantastic Mr. Fox



This movie was awkwardly funny. Not awkward because of the comedy itself, but because of the animation. Something about these little claymation foxes, badgers, and people made me feel a bit odd laughing at phrases like, "What the cuss?" The story is a dear-classic favorite to me, and I liked the styling of the film. Overall, especially with Dumbedore's voice, the voice acting was pretty good. But the style, though awkward, was best.

Rice Cakes and Peanut Butter to you Mr. Fox

The Blind Side


Well done. The feel good movie of the year. I was so impressed with this story and with the telling of the story. I really liked the relationships shown in this movie. It is a Cinderella like movie, but it has such a good heart behind it you just fall in love with it. I think Sandra Bullock deserves some sort of nomination for this one, she did a superb job.

It's worth seeing. Everyone should go see this one.

This one earns the newly established A rating of-- Patricios Pizza and a Diet Coke

The Princess and the Frog



Cute. That's what I can say about this movie. There are a lot of cute little moments in the film. But my other word is: Freaky. I can't imagine being a little kid seeing this movie. I know, I was a little screamish as a child, but the shadow-man scared me. With his evil shadows.

The music was pretty good, but I think they should have gotten Elton Jon to do the music. Randy Newman is a little played out and his songs all kind of slur together without a stand out show piece (well Mama Odie's song was great, but that's just because all gospel songs are kind of amazing).

I think kids in second grade on up could see this and enjoy it, but most kids probably won't. Sorry Tiana.

Rice Cakes with just some Peanut Butter

Sherlock Holmes



I was a major skeptic about this film, and I was wrong. The characters in this movie were placed just right, especially Jude Law, who I normally do not like, so this is a big deal. I thought the setting, visuals and mood of the movie were all spot on. The only thing iffy was the bad-guy's plot, which seemed a little grand to me for a Sherlock Case. But nevertheless, I was impressed by the acting and directors way of taking us inside the thought processes of Sherlock. Well done.

Rice Cakes and Peanut Butter with a splash of Gatorade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A whole lot of movie goen and good reviewen....
You've earned a large Patricios and Diet Coke Combo for yourself for these first 2010 reviews! Thanx... The Balcony