Saturday, September 10, 2005

A World of Slogans

So last night turned out to be a night of greatness...

So, the night started out when all of the kids were picked up early... When all the kids go home before 4:25 on a Friday night, you know good things are ahead. So, we sat around and I did a counseling session for a friend in need and then it was time to leave Hancock, cause we can "start here and go anywhere"... We opted for Happy Hour. We headed to Applebees where apparently we "felt good in the neighborhood" because everyone had a little something something to drink. Peach-Lemonade was the choice of drink for those under 5 foot.

After that I felt like we were on a commercial for Applebees... All of a sudden I realized who I was sitting next to-- Zak Morse!!! Come on guys!!! Saved by the Bell!!!! So I became very very excited and I started singing the theme song, and next thing I know all 7 of us were singing the theme song in full voice. The whole restaurant grew quiet as they realized, "Ahhh it's Friday, and it's Happy Hour."

After that I saw a group of those waiters and waitress going to sing happy birthday to a customer. OK... Let's all admit it, this is one of the silliest things ever. A bunch of people in uniform march up to some stranger and start clapping and cheering because someone whispers "It's her birthday" (while pointing rudely at someone who looks oblivious to it all). So I decided, my turn. I heard that obnoxious clapping rumbling next to the bar, so I jumped up and followed with the group and sang along. Hey, I was just "feelin' good in the neighborhood."

Well, that went over well, because one of my friends at the table claimed to have peed her pants in laughter. So I figured I better be like George and leave on a high note. So I took off, and a couple hours later Mickey Blue Eyes shows up and two minutes after that Tani Panti walks in. We decide its time to head to the Grad, and we give Tani a 3 min. time limit to "dress to impress." We then placed the same restriction upon Fat Tony, and then we were off to Salsa Night. It was a hot time in the salsa bowl. Comment for the day- Why do guys have to look serious on the dance floor and girls need to look like they are overly ecstatic?

After a bit of dancing and listening to people speak Spanish for days, we decided to head home where I sang the lullaby "I can't Make You Love Me" cause Fat Tony kept quoting it ALL ALL ALL night. Next thing you know, the backseat is sleeping and we're done. The end, no mas, es todos.

As for today? The world is my oyster and alas I'm allergic to shell fish.

Question for the day:
If you are significantly overweight why does Leptopril believe you have seen their add? Is it like a thestral where only fat people can see it?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ok, what the heck. Did you really see Zak from saved by the bell? Did the people at applebee's really sing, and did you really go salsa dancing? So many questions! Is this like the time we saw screech and went clubbin' with him?

DREAMER said...

yeah, did you really see Mark-Paul Gosselaar who played Zak?? I would of asked anyone who had a camera phone to take some pix....or something.....anyhow very interesting night.

I have a hybrid course at Hancock...."start here go anywhere" yeah....for me its "didnt start there and cant find ANYWHERE" lol

I've gone to applebees a cup of times to hang out at the bar...but i'm not much of a drinker....but its a nice break sometimes.