Friday, June 09, 2006

What did you do!? WHAT DID YOU DO!?

Ok that was a bit dramatic, but hey, I'm a dramatic guy. Listen, I had a really good (yet drawn out) day yesterday.

I woke up because the sun was in my eyes and I was a little angry cause I am realizing that I have officially become an old man, because I can't sleep past 9:30. Oh well. There are some benefits to that, and when I think of them I'll tell you. So I spent about 3 hours reading blogs, searching MySpace, and writing e-mails. That was a lot of time. Then after that I decided it was time to clean up. So I took a shower (or do you Americans say have a shower?) and got dressed.

After a bit of time had passed, I decided it was time to go out and look for a bike. Despite what my beloved friend Parker says, I will be biking to work at least once if not twice a week. I found two bikes I like, I'm just not sure what the difference between a mountain bike and a road bike is. If anyone knows that information would prove valuable to me.

So after searching for a bike and running into Josh and Dore (which I always do, sorta freaky, but always delightful) I talked to Parker for a long time about this, that, and the other. Then I decided it was time to watch a movie. So I went and saw Over the Hedge. Eh. It was the most average computer animated I've seen (wait--Hoodwinked was uglier, but at least it was a bit more on the clever side).

I adjourned from the movies and came to the Shaw house where I started to think about eating dinner, but then I was whisked away to college group where I helped Morgan with her Haiti meeting. They are going to do really well in Haiti. So, after a little group meeting with Billy, Alyssa, and Nicole I took off for the Burrow.

Man, that Burrow is rockin' these days. They have set up a secret Burrow/dancing/party hang out behind the shed at their house. It is going to be amazing when all of the pumpkins are in harvest and the vines cover the ground. I'm really excited to see how they grow. So we sat around the fire and talked about Potter, People named Farah, and Pumpkins. It was lovely. Then after my feet had frozen I decided to say good-bye.

I went on a Parker hunt, but couldn't find him. So I stayed and chatted with Jon, Morgan, Cassandra, Scotty, and Jim. It was interesting to say the least. Needless to say I was filled with frustration at one point. But hey, such is life. Anyway who knows what today may bring... Perhaps a sister or two, a niece, and a brother-in-law.

2 comments:

JazMarie said...

I may be mistaken on this, but I'm pretty sure the main difference is the tread. A road bike doesn't have as much tread/as thick of tread on the tires, whereas a mountain bike has wider wheels with more tread. Normally mountain bikes have gears of 15x but roads are usually around 10 (I don't know where I got this knowledge from, so I may be wrong...)

Anonymous said...

If Parker claims that you will not ride your bike to work, I may have to agree with him. It sounds like one of those new year's resolutions that are great but never kept.