Saturday, March 10, 2007

300

And we all fall down... Like a toy soldier.

300.


Yup. I saw it today. It was in a few words:

MANLY
RIDICULOUS
AMAZING
GLORIOUS and
SPPPPARTTTTTTAAA!

I loved the blood bath, epic war story. Ok. Please don't see this movie if graphic images offend you. But to me... I really liked it. It was a total guy movie. Ridiculously ripped men running around bashing each other's heads in and stabbing the living daylights out of each other. It was like a realistic superhero movie. This stuff could actually happen---ok not totally, but yes they could battle this way.

The filming of this feature was rockin'. I loved the weird hugh that saturated the film and the blood splatters were actually beautifully artistic. I can't explain it. But it was ten times better than the filming of Sky Captain, and not as colorfully annoying as Sick City (worst movie ever). The actors were totally disciplined for this one. I mean... They must have had a five to ten hour work out each day. They were sick.

The one part they could have done without was the nudity. Men and women the same. A little over the top. Also that Smiggel character was over done. But alas, somehow this movie made me want to work out in a barn and become a hulking soldier who storms into combat. This is saying a lot, especially seeing my views on war and violence.

The moral of the movie: Kill them all or die--but while you die-- kill them all.

Loved it. Girls will hate it.
Heaps of spaghetti sauce on noodles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a girl, and i liked it. haha. also, "smeagol" the creepy guy from Lord of the Ring.
-Heather

Unknown said...

Regardless of x or y, your review made me laugh almost as much as the Pollock splatter applied to nearly every frame of the film. Also, "hue", not hugh teacher boy.

: )

Anonymous said...

It's great for guys to indulge and be men. I wish they wouldn't bash us women for indulging in ALIAS and Tomb Raider where women kick butt!

Anonymous said...

Tomb Raider Wendies do kick butt!