Saturday, March 24, 2007

Breach

So the other night Fauf and I went out to see the film Breach. You can always tell I think of a movie favorably when I call it a film. Last night she had the greatest idea for a "He Said, She Said" Movie Review team. Maybe our pseudonyms would be Mr. and Mrs. Smith. We could totally work it. I'm going to the SUN and SMTimes to ask them if they want us to write a column about it.

This movie was simple, had moderately good acting, a moderately good script, and moderately good plot. I think the overall feel was "OK." There weren't any stelar performances in this film, but there weren't any "bad" jobs. I left feeling pleased with the show, but in reality I could have done with a little more suspense. The few scenes where there was suspense sort of lacked suspense because of over run movie trailers where the end was shown.

Overall this movie was a Rice Cake with Peanut Butter film, because it was good, but not fully satisfying.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

so would you say its better to rent it or see in theater? I hate paying for stupid movies. I have back luck with that. although I did see that new adam sandler movie. it was pretty good. Idont remember what its called though. anyway, do you read my blog?

Anonymous said...

don't you hate it when trailers tell too much?
my friend and i gave this show a 'wait for the
discounted dvd' rating. you should do reviews for the sun or local papers. yours are usually right-on.

Anonymous said...

I liked how the pace of the movie gave you a sense of reality, of the boringness of his job, of the anti-climatics of situations (such as the ending). I mean honestly, real-life scenarios are rarely as climatical as movies make them. And since this was a true story, it portrayed a real-life feel. Also the regency-style soundtrack (sounding more Jane Austin than spy thriller) was a good contrast.