Monday, July 18, 2011

Potter Patter

My heart has been heavy for the past few days. It has not gone "pitter patter", nope. It has gone "potter patter".

Yup, it's the end of a decade's worth of movie magic and marvels.

Harry is a little worse for wear (see the cuts and bruises), but that's what happens when the Darkest Wizard of all time is chasing after you for 7 years.





I have really enjoyed every moment of the HP Series (minus the Mike Newell issue). Here are my top memories of the film series:

10. Sharing the movies with Farah in July 2007. She was so sweet to sit and watch a movie series she wasn't that interested in (at the time) and watch them in marathon mode--we finished all 4 in 24 hours. (Now, I'll share with you that she cried at the finale along side of me!)

9. Seeing Movie 3 with a group of people who made an agreement to meet again. Though our budge won't allow us to go, we are excited to see if anyone else will go.

8. The final Midnight Premiers debacle with the tickets. It was well worth it. 7 horcurxes and 7 sobs from this man.

7. The Midnight Premier of Movie 6. We had so much fun playing "Name that Scene" at the front of the theatre. And I do believe they did an AMAZING job of decorating the 4 theaters to look like the 4 houses.

6. The Midnight Premier of Movie 7. I was shocked to be sitting by a girl who started weeping at the sight of the Warner Bros. logo. It was fun.

5. Seeing the first movie. The movie was still in its opening week. I had picked up HP a year earlier, and though "Hum. When I get a break from school reading, I will totally love this one." But on the night I saw the first movie I hadn't finished the first book. I was on the chapter where Hermione goes with Harry to Snape's protection of the stone (the different potions that would transport him to the mirror) and I had no clue Snape wasn't the "bad guy". I remember sitting in the theater saying, "Oh yeah, this is where I am in the book. WHAT THE HECK!?" After that I raced home and finished books 1-3 in less than a week.

4. The 10 PM premier with Francy and Tanya. Hilarious memory.

3. The Midnight release of Movie 4 (ugh). So much excitement in the air, and a great Burrow moment.

2. Movie 5. The day after we came back from our Honeymoon, I raced to the theatre to see it by myself. Tears and all--that would be me crying, not Farah.

1. Seeing the film with the Burrow. Sigh. And seeing the films with Farah this past week. 8 films. 8 days. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great memories! Glad to be a part of them. But this is not the end...just a little lull. More memories are sure to come when little West is old enough for Hogwarts! Love you
Fauf