Saturday, September 23, 2006

Great Inventions

Ok, while pontificating on my perspectives of fears and phobias I realized that I also have my own perspective on inventions, things that have revolutionized the world we live in... Well at least my world...


DVR. The knockoff TIVO. I love it, I need it, I watch it. Desirable invention.

Chewy Granola Bars. It's a shame Snapple took the phrase "Made from the best stuff on Earth." Cause honestly, it doesn't get much better then a good old Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bar. Amazing invention.

The Host of PlayMania Live! I'm sure she's not a real human because you look at her and immediately think, "Lord, I hate this woman." Then you watch her for five, ten, thirty minutes and you think she's the greatest robot on earth. Especially when she says, "TWWWWWO." Good invention.

The word "waxed" used in multiple areas. Today while sitting down and watching TV I believe I heard it used two times in two different contexts. The first was meaning "She waxed her legs." The Second was far superior in reference to those who were winning at a game by a large margin, "Wow, they just waxed you." In fact, I'd like to say that I like all second, third, and fourth meanings of words. Hooray for a silly language system where one word can mean many things.

Wireless internet. Honestly I can steal... I mean borrow... internet pretty much anywhere I go. It's an amazing thing and with out it you wouldn't be reading this blog.

Those are my inventions that save my soul-ah.

Oh and if Davy Jones counts he should be considered one of the most amazing inventions--EVER.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Jeez! The other day, I met a guy named david jones. He wasn't very scary.

Anonymous said...

YES! indeed you listed "TWWOOO!" of the best inventions ever: Mel from Playmania, and Davey Jones-ah! Maybe there is a "triple" invention: words with great intonation at the end like "dying-ah", and "three days-ah"!