Thursday, October 25, 2007

Movie Review

Parker this blog may contain traces of something you don't like nor can hear.

So we went and saw Elizabeth The Golden Age. I really liked this one. Now it should be known I will default and say I like anything that has to do with England hence Harry Potter, The Queen, my Mum. But yes, I liked it. It was an iconic epic tale of the Queen and her strength during what could have been a dark hour for her country. I love the "soap opera-esk" relationship between Clive Owen and Cate Blanchette. It was delightful. He's a sleazy, rough around the edges sort of guy, but some how you like him. And she's a beautiful, strong woman who can hold her own, yet desires more (so typical). But then there's the amazing Geofery Rush, he was great, as usual.

The filming of this was well done and I really liked the way all of the editing happened. There was some good form cutting and soft fades. Good stuff.

All in all I give this a Rice Cake and Peanut butter with 2 Diet Cokes. Mmm mmm good

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This doesnt count as a blog. i am just saying...
~parker

Morgan Jane said...

I LOVE Cate Blanchett. But she kinda scares me. Just saying.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the ridiculous King Phillip from Spain who pranced on skinny little legs!