Saturday, October 06, 2007

That sly come hither stare...

Oh yes! It is official, since today is the first Saturday in October (gosh I just love the look of that word-- "October."), we have greeted the month with fear and shivers and fear in our hearts! It's Halloween Time! I love this time of year because there are so many great traditions in which I partake... Plus some new ones my bride and I are creating.

1. Disneyland in October. Let me just put it this way: The Kingdom has come a long way since 2 years ago when a Fuaf and an Ig met for their first date. Let's see-- Disneyland Date during Halloween Time? Check.






2. Every year during the first weekend in October I sit down to watch the great Disney Classic of '93: Hocus Pocus. Come on guys! You know you love watching Bette Midler run around with two puff balls on her head and giant buck teeth. And who can beat the dog barking Kathy Najimi? Or the seductively sinful musings of Sarah Jessica Parker? In case it has been sometime since you watched this epic--and I mean EPIC film, here are some snapshots I took while we watched it to remind you of the greatness that is Hocus Pocus.





3. A new tradition on the horizon? Dare I say, the Fauf made me amazing Halloween Cookies on October 1st, and I do say it may become a tradition to be greeted with orange and black cookies every first of October on a dreadfully frightening spider web plate.

4. Fauf made an amazing Halloween Basket for me filled with spooky treats and haunting decorations to welcome the viewing of Hocus Pocus. This completely took it over the top and then I decided it was time to deck the halls with Halloween spookiness. So I went online and looked up some holiday decorations and low and behold--for the next month the Nest has transformed into the-- well supped up version of the Nest on some Halloween crack. More pictures to come on this one by the end of the weekend.






Needless to say this new found version of the Nest has inspired me to return to my wicked blogging roots and carry on the sinister traditions of blogging pre-Dunlap Michael use to do.

Welcome Back, I hope you brought your death certificate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

luv the new fauf traditions and pez too-you shaws rock our world with your Zaniness-Craziness. happy rocken october

Morgan Jane said...

Your home is perfectly dreadful and sinister. Keep up the good work, and start plannin' that Halloween Party!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for our October traditions. But I can't till Christmas time and it's traditions too!

Jen said...

What is that marvelous Michey Pumpkin head? I LOVE it!!! Almost as much as I love that Raven....