Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HP6



Sure we had to wait a year, but sometimes you have to wait awhile for a delightful experience.

I'm sure I'll have a lot more to say. But I got home last night around 3:30 and all I could think was how satisfying Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince was. It was like eating that Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. Simply delightful. I found myself feeling as though the movie was tuning pages of a book. In some ways I equated it to a fine dinner. Quality art, beautiful presentation, and a great sense of fulfillment.

I figuratively (see, I didn't say literally) saw chapter headings swoop across the screen like Hedwig on a clear night. It was very well done from the coloring, music and editing (I dare say the editing was the best yet). I loved the added heightened romances and I really loved all of the references to the subtleties (fan favorites) from the book.

Well done David Yates. You did it again.

3 comments:

Morgan Jane said...

I agree about the small nuances...they truly made the film. I was glad that I read the book recently just to be able to catch all those. It was really good. I'm just still annoyed about a few of the 'big' things.

Anonymous said...

Hedwig can raise his tail feathers high. It was the best one yet we thought... Friends of Hermione

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see HP6. Thanks for the insights, Igmaster. A SLITHERING