Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday Top Ten

Yes! I nearly fell over with delight when I realized today is time for a Tuesday Top Ten!

Today's Ten is brought to you by: Disney Princesses

10. Jane and Meg--Yes, I know neither Meg nor Jane are really princesses, but in order to get the list to a 10 level I had to include them. I like Jane, a lot. I think she is a smart girl, tough, but very feminine. Dare I say it she is a little Fauf-ish. However, she is not Fauf, so she doesn't get a high ranking for that reason, and well because she fell in love with an ape. A chiseled ape, mind you, but an ape. I appreciate Meg, but something about her waist to hip ratio drives me crazy, and not in the good way. I always want to throw her a bagel so she will gain a pound or two.




9. Pocahontas--OK, she can paint in the wind. Whatever, but really, come on. We all know she didn't resemble a Barbie Doll, why did they portray her that way? Plus her skirt is at the hoochie length. No hoochies for Ig, come back one year! I have to say if I were completely honest here, I would move Pokey here to number 10, but since (in some circles) she is classified as a princess she gets spot number nine.


8. Sleeping Beauty--Not much to say here. She sleeps. A lot.



7.Mulan--I like that she has a progression in her story, but she is not very feminine at all. But she sings pretty great. Overall I like her, but I think she needs to fem up a little bit.



6. Jasmine--She's a little crafty one. Always sneaking out. Ug. If she were my teenaged daughter I might scream. She needs to learn some boundaries and stop showing off her bellybutton. But she does have some spunk and I admire that.



5. Tiana--As you can tell by her middle of the road placement I have somewhat high hopes for a princess who we have never met before. At any rate, we will see how she handles her role.


4. Snow White-- A good princess for sure, but in contrast to Mulan I just want to scream, "Come on already!" I mean, I like her as a sweet, soft spoken girl. But I think she missed her first day of preschool when they said don't go in a strangers house, and once your in a house don't let strangers in. I think she would do well to watch Home Alone 1.



3. Cinderella--Helpful? Yes. Pretty? Yes. Willing to risk it all for true love? Yes. Crappy family? Yes... well that's a minus. But at least she got 3/4 questions right.



2. Ariel--There is something to be said for sacrifice. And Ariel, though her sacrifice is a bit premature, is great. She gives up her biggest gift to be with the one she loves. That is a good girl right there. Yup, she deserves this number two spot.


1. Belle--Ah. She is just delightful. I think she wins out. Every girl, boy and sane person will tell you that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some may think this is girly, but I say if you would have done Disney Princes it would have been girly. Keep it up!

Mallory said...

Poor Aurora! She deserves a slightly higher place than that, I think. Look: she can sing, she can dance, and she ends up with the only prince with any brains!

Anonymous said...

What about the great ladies who found Prince Jason, Prince Kyle, and
Prince Michael? Each deserves a big shoutout. XXOO An Old Observer of The Princess Dating Scene.. and Drama