Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Musings

Today is my day to muse about work life. So here it goes:

Normally a summer for an Ig is filled with ideas and planning. I normally make lots of activity books for my class, think of themes, and organize ideas. But this summer I looked at my year and said, "Thanks, but no thanks." (Cough cough, Sarah Palin's last day in office, I guess it's time I hang up my McCain mask.)



I decided being a teacher meant I could enjoy my summer and not feel guilty about it (though other teachers try to make you feel a sense of guilt). So I have been doing just that--enjoying summer. Farah can testify I have only brought up school twice this summer (very rare). But in my dreams... I have suffered and have had many dreams/teacher nightmares about my classroom being rearranged and the addition of many students to my class (20 to be exact, all non-englilsh speaking, but at least it was only a dream). Luckily I know I pre-planned a lot the last weeks of school and can walk in on August 18th for my teacher workday ready to go.



So come the 20th of August, when kids arrive, I will be in full swing. I will have all my lessons ready, all my worksheets copied, and all of my bulletin boards up. But today, on this, the beautiful 27th of July I sit and say, "School, school stay away. Come again another day."

Ah, summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've made peace with enjoying summer vacation without guilt. I love you

Fauf