Friday, January 05, 2007

The Good Shepherd

The Good Shepherd Review:

Drat. The more I watch Matt Damon, the more I like him. He gave a great performance. And yes, I admit it, he's a great actor. Ok. Now that my confessions are out there for the world to see let's talk about the movie.

For those of you who don't know this movie is a CIA NON-ACTION movie which details the life of one CIA agent, Edward Wilson. I say it is a non-action movie because if you expect the movie to be a 24 styled action spy/terrorist movie you will be very frustrated with the 160 minute movie that moves "slowly." Ok... I liked it all together but I was very prepared for it to be slow. Weird scenes like nude mud wrestling and peeing on people made the movie R rated I suppose, but it was good for the plot just to show the conspiracy theory on how this country is run. Andrew would agree with me.

The editor and writer(s) needs a pat on the back for this movie because they really made the story interesting with the cuts and direction of the movie. It jumped between time periods and made the movie difficult to follow--but I mean that in a good way. In other words it was interesting because it wasn't linear.

One thing that moved it along for me was the use of stars and cameos. There were some good cameo's in this movie. I liked Angelina Jolie in this movie. Mainly Jolie and Damon made the movie move along for me. One person who I actually liked in this movie was---get this Kiniry family--Michael Gambon (Dumbledore). He was good!?! What is that about. I liked him in his role. So maybe we could write him a letter and tell him to continue making these films and leave Dumbledore for Sir Ian McKellen.

After rotating my butt (it hurt) about twelve times (seriously) because of the length of the film I think it was obvious what was going to happen and who the "rat" was going to be. So, there wasn't that big AH HA moment I was hoping for. But nevertheless I liked it and give it

A Peanut Butter on Rice Cakes with a Diet Coke

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Rice cakes are sick..just thought you should know ;0)