Sunday, January 28, 2007

Volver

Ok. I have to warn Farah not to read this blog because she could become angry with me and perhaps frustrated with my life.

Volver Review:


So pretty much this movie was good mainly because of the hotness who is Penelope Cruz. Jeepers, I've always known her to be beautiful, but this movie was pretty much ridiculous. So I liked Penelope, ok that said let's talk about the movie for a moment.

This movie was well constructed. It was a dramedy (for those of you who don't know that means it was both drama and comedy), which held my interest. I liked the relationships portrayed in the film. There was something dynamic about the the relationships, because while it was easy to follow where you THOUGHT they were, it was constantly changing. It's hard to talk about without giving away the plot.

The two driving forces behind this movie were (oh gosh, I'm trying hard not to make a joke here) the storyline and the reactions given by Penelope--yes a real actress not just a hot girl.

Anyway, overall I give this movie a Spaghetti Dinner with a glass of water because of its ability to change emotional perspectives with in seconds. Pretty rockin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait...when did you see this one? Geez, I can't keep up with your movies. And I never thought she was very hot...thanks for the self-esteem boost.