Saturday, January 20, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

Pan's Labyrinth Review:


Truly an adult fairy tale. Not in the dirty way you sickos. It was pretty much a freaky, bloody movie that I simply loved. I was endeared to the characters and brought into a magical Narnia-esk world (without all the beauty and snow). It was purely magical and escapist while still being grounded in reality and believable. The two storylines mirrored each other and gave us movie junkies something to chew on. (An image of a blood fairy comes to mind though---yuck!)

However, despite my cringing and grabbing on to Andrew during the chase scene, I really appreciated all of the imagery and symbolism in the movie. And I must say the gore factor added a lot to the interest of the movie. The audience I saw it with was a great audience--the director held us in the palm of his hands the whole film. The three best/worst parts of the movie were as follows:

1. The 350's of skin guy with his eyeballs as featured below.
2. The sweet little girl and her sweet little heart for her loved ones.
3. The tender tone set against the dark reality.

Overall I really, really enjoyed this movie. It had depth, excitement, heart and magical moments. Gotta love that.

Spaghetti Dinner but hold the sauce--too much red reminds me of all the blood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, a really good escape show! I thoroughly liked it...
but I thought this was the year of Reality...Hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Anonymous... Who are you? I feel as though you didn't see this film.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I though I knew you too! Please write another blog before I cancel my subscription!