Monday, February 19, 2007

Ghost Rider

Let me just say there are sometimes when I believe you can justify seeing a movie and other times where you are on your own. Well this time I guess I can justify seeing this one because I saw it with my soon-to-be brother-in-law Eric. He really wanted to see if so I caved and said sure. He's great so why not?


Anyway to the movie stuff...

So this movie wasn't disappointing because pretty much my expectations for the movie was for another Fantastic 4 Debacle. Honestly, it wasn't a great movie, and I don't think I could stretch it to be a "good movie" but I have to say it wasn't that bad.

The imagery was pretty sweet at times, the plot moved along so I wasn't bored, and the story wasn't horrible. GASP. This isn't the negative post I expected to write. But there was SOMETHING horrible in the movie. Yes... You guessed it Mr. Coppala himself, Nicholas Cage. Ok, horrible may be a bit too strong. I think the word for it is annoying. What the heck is up with his mouth! I can't stop looking at it and wondering if his teeth and lips are real. Actually if I didn't know him before this movie I may have thought him to be funny or perhaps have good timing, but nope. Can't do it. I guess this blog falters in equality. He is ripped like a GI Joe in this movie, so he looks the part. But something just doesn't click for me.

The problem I really had with this movie (other than Roxy's shirt popping open in every scene--honestly it was a little much) (and the whole cheese factor) (and the whole Texas factor) was the ending. I have a much better ending which is far more tragic and believable, but would still lend itself to sequels to satisfy the companies behind the Benjamins.

For those of you looking for a grade, I refuse to put a grade on this movie out of principle. But if you went and saw it I wouldn't hate you for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my students saw it this weekend, so he was quite excited to hear that you and Eggs saw it.