Saturday, February 03, 2007

Ode to Oscar

This blog is to be prefaced with the idea that I don't consider Documentaries and Shorts to be in the category of "must see before the Oscars" (mainly because they are hard to find in this dumpy little town).

So here are the list of movies I still want to see before the 25th.
Venus
Little Children
Curse of the Golden Flower
United 93
Letters...
Poseidon
Borat

If I see those movies I will have seen 95% of all of the Oscar Nods--in every category! I know 7 movies is a lot. But here's the list of movies I have seen. It's a little bigger, but for both lists I just looked at the Oscar ballot. So there it is.

Blood Diamond
Half Nelson
The Pursuit of Happyness
The Last King of Scotland
LIttle Miss Sunshine
Dreamgirls
The Departed
Volver
Notes on a Scandal
The Queen
The Devil Wears Prada
Babel
Cars
The Good Shepherd
Pan's Labyrinth
Pirates: Dead Man's Chest
The Prestige
Children of Men
Marie Antoinette
An Inconvenient Truth
Superman Returns

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Venus has great acting and Curse... has awesome color
photography and a whole different world feel...I like your little Santa Maria-SLO area of the planet! Now go out and see a good show!

Anonymous said...

If you find yourself alone when your watching any of those fine selections you have my numba... Call me up and we can discuss and contrast on the philosopy and theology of the context.

Anonymous said...

How sad is it that I haven't seen any of the movies on either list!

Jason

Jen said...

You are crazy. There's no way I could ever sit still for that many movies so don't watch them at the dutchess.