Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscar 2007

Pretty much I had a great time today. We had the annual Oscar party at the Shaw abode. It was wonderful. I'm a little tired, worn out, and ready to hit the sack but I love pictures so I must post away. Here's how the night went...

Guests were greeted by the following items...

A lovely sign...


A welcome gift...





A table with clever food choices...



Pictures of the nominees for the occasion as well as fun reading material which accented the evening's events....



I came dressed as Al Gore... I carried a globe with a scarf and beanie on to symbolize Global Warming... Get it? I also handed out pieces of paper to the guests with a variety of "Inconvenient Truths"...



Oh yeah and a surprise Pan's Labyrinth character too..



Carl was snazzy in a Bond-esk Suit, while the lovely Alyssa was from Step Up (I think) and came in warm up clothes...



Jenn was decked out in an Oscar-to-Be flick and wore a rollerdurby outfit... Some Will Farrell thing I think...




The Lycan men surrounded An Inconvenient Melting Glacier otherwise known as Parker...



There were the party goers, Nicole Richie , Britney Spears, and Paris Hilton.... Those three girls sure did party it up...



Superman and Lois Lane made an appearance....




As did some others... Including a cute crossword puzzle...











And the winner (technically) for 2007 is...


No. He isn't special needs, just looks that way in the picture. My love from last year... Alas. This year he came as himself.

But there was something from every film, and here it is:
A Framed Picture of Queen Elizabeth, for The Queen
A tiara, for Little Miss Sunshine
A pack of Asian styled note cards, for Letters from Iwo Jima
A pocket translator book, for Babel
And the Departed DVD, for the Departed

Oh yeah0-- The Dreamgirls' Soundtrack, cause Dreamgirls was given a nod in almost every category so I had to show some love there. Plus there is Beyonce... ah...

Hooray for a great year, great party and wonderful time. I am thankful to the acadamey and all of you who showed up. And shout out to Ellen for being a great host this year. Woot. Woot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The party was pretty much amazing(thank you mr. al gore!).

Anonymous said...

The QUEEN said....Fabulous party! I'm glad I won...
Is the Oscar really made of gold?

Anonymous said...

So glad I could be a part of your party this year...even though I was sick. Well worth it though