Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ode to Blume

Ban is for Men, not BOOKS!

If only the teachers could just resume
To read the tales of Judy Blume.
The world would be a far better place
If these stupid fears would just be erased.

Because of a parent, a complaint, or a fear
The children are bored, and a teacher in tears.
Blume's stories are so grand, wonderful, and true.
What's so wrong with a chlid saying poo-poo?

Are you there God? It's me, just a simple young teacher
And I'm frustrated with these legalistic preachers.
They ban a book without a second thought
I hope someday their evils are caught.

Their dumb and wacked rules make no sense
Perhaps it's time for rebellion to commence.
A protest, petition, a march or a song
Anyone can see that their methods are wrong.

What shall we do? What shall we say?
Should we go on continuing to live this way?
Heck no! Open a book, and laugh out some more.
If you don't like it, it's time I show you the door.

Read Across America Day is coming this week
So here's the secret that I'm going to leak
Friday as they all read old Dr. Seuss
I'll read Fudge, yes I will, or bring me the noose!



Join me and read a banned book this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful (and well written too). Thanks. I think I may have teared up...I'm not quite over it yet. I love you.